- An original, signed, one of a kind, rustic oak pointillism turtle art piece created with traditional freehand pyrography techniques.
- Pyrography is an old art form whereby the surface cells of wood are burned with hot wire to produce a permanent colouration of the wood without the need for paint or varnishes.
- The Turtle has been precisely produced by burning thousands of dots by hand.
- The oak timber has been carefully selected for it’s beautiful grain, and waney edging, and has undergone intensive preparations to enable successful burning.
- Oak is a notoriously difficult medium for pyrography due to it’s density and unruly grain, making this piece a very unique edition for art collectors and those with an appreciation of natural materials. This one-off piece thus boasts an organic style, setting it aside from commercially accessible lazer wood art practices.
- This feature art hangs from wire attached from two D-ring clasps on the rear of the piece for flush wall mounting.
Note from the artist:
This was the first time I had attempted to draw a sea turtle, and as such this piece has a special place in my heart. I have applied varying heats and density of dots to create shading and depth, and I specifically used the grain to represent the current in which wild sea turtles swim.