- A beautiful and impressive rustic wall art octopus, created with traditional freehand pyrography techniques.
- Pyrography is an old art form whereby the surface cells of wood are burned with hot wire to produce a permanent colouration of the wood without the need for paint or varnishes.
- The octopus has been precisely produced by burning thousands of dots by hand, resulting in a unique and challenging art piece, suited to the equally challenging oak medium.
- The oak piece has been carefully selected for it’s beautiful grain, and waney edging, and has undergone intensive preparations to enable successful burning. Oak is a notoriously difficult medium for pyrography due to it’s density and unruly grain, making this piece a very unique edition for art collectors and those with an appreciation of natural materials.
- Burned free hand, and signed, this is a one-off piece which boasts an organic style, setting it aside from commercially accessible lazer wood art practices. The piece is also issued with a certificate of authentication upon purchase.
- This wall art octopus hangs from wire attached from two inset clasps on the rear of the piece for flush wall mounting.
An original, signed, one of a kind, pointillism pyrography octopus oak wall art
1 in stock
|Dimensions||62 x 3 x 35 cm|