- Personalise the handles with a name, date, or personal message. Send your request in a message via the contact page when you place your order.
- A unique stag wooden spoon and spatula set, burned by hand using an art form known as pyrography.
- No chemicals or paint products have been used in this process, making it a perfect gift for both decoration and use in the kitchen without the risk of dulling the pattern from heat or washing.
- Simply rub a little olive oil into the burnt pattern every month or so to keep it looking its best.
- Wooden spoon: Head: 7cm wide x 12cm long; Stem: 25cm long.
- Wooden spatula: Head: 6cm wide x 15cm long; Stem: 18cm long.
- PLEASE NOTE: This item is made to order and has a processing time of 3-4 weeks.
Note from the artist:
The Stag Spirit symbolises masculinity, regeneration, alertness, strength, and nobility. The presence of the stag has been believed to be a sign of a fresh start, a pivotal life change, or a leap of faith. At the time of creating this design, I did not know why I was drawn to the image of a stag but I had just taken the first step to become a full time self employed artist…I couldn’t have taken a bigger leap of faith! My interest in animal behaviour inspired me to included a pattern of block circles surrounding the central stag, which represent the behaviour of deer during rutting season. Fallow deer have been known to exploit a mating strategy known as a “lek” whereby each stag will take his place in what I like to see as a collection of podiums for showing off, to perform courtship displays to attract a female. Females will briefly visit the lek to select a mate based upon their performance. Which is all rather ideal as all the males are in one place, which makes comparisons easy, and leaves plenty of time for other things like eating and wandering about a bit.
I draw and burn each design free hand to ensure no two pieces are the same, making your gift truly unique.
Alternative designs/commissions available, please contact me for a quote.