- An original, signed, one of a kind piece, created with traditional freehand pyrography techniques.
- Pyrography is an old art form whereby the surface cells of wood are burned with hot wire to produce a permanent colouration of the wood without the need for paint or varnishes.
- The three seahorses have been precisely produced by burning individual dots by hand, resulting in a unique and challenging art piece, suited to the equally challenging oak medium.
- The oak piece has been carefully selected for it’s beautiful grain, and waney edging, and has undergone intensive preparations to enable successful burning.
- This one-off freehand piece boasts an organic style, setting it aside from commercially accessible lazer wood art practices.
- This wall feature hangs from wire attached from two D-ring clasps on the rear of the piece for flush wall mounting.
Note from the Artist:
The design was inspired by the natural ecology of sea horses, for seahorse species identification is in itself an art form. The same species of seahorse can express vast differences in appearance, so despite there being 54 recognised species, the colouration and patterns are almost endless.
Thank you for visiting my shop, if you have any questions or would like me to produce a custom piece for you please contact me any time.